I am one of THOSE people. I make lists, I organize things, I relish checking off the things on my lists. At the very beginning of this deployment I came up with this list.
1) Workout consistently
2) Compile a Valentines Day care package
3) Clean the fireplace (ugh)
4) Detail the car
5) SUPER clean the house :)
6) Start my online college classes
7) Save up money for my husband to get new clothes
8) Get hubby a BBQ
9) Get an actual hair style
10) Remain POSITIVE
We're past the 1/2 way mark and reflecting on how I've done. I'm very happy to say that I have been working out often. I have lost about 10 pounds and I feel like I have more energy. It's a fun part of my day, it is a reason for me to get out of bed. When I wake up I think "It's time to go kick some butt." And I think my husband will approve of the change in me and my new outlook on working out. He loves to workout and be active so I think we'll have fun doing that together when he gets home.
I did send him a Valentines day package, and an Easter package. :)
I cleaned out the fireplace! UGH!
I did detail the car, it wasn't fun but it looks good.
The house is SUPER clean! I love cleaning and keeping our home neat. It looks great.
I have not only started online classes, I have a 99% in my college courses.
We decided to use part of our tax return so that he can get some clothes and I'd like some new work out shoes.
I did get him a BBQ :) I used the money from my last job to buy it. I think he'll really enjoy it and I'll enjoy eating what he makes.
I think I have a hairstyle, I've started loosely curling the ends and I really like it.
Last, and most important REMAIN POSITIVE! I feel like I have done this very well. Of course I've had my days. I have cried, I have asked "Why me?", I have been sad and missed my husband so much that I didn't want to do anything that day. But I was always picked back up. I would reach out to God for strength and go on with my day, or when my friend is in town she would take me to the mall, make me laugh and get me out of my rut. But I'd always find my way out. I remind myself of how good this deployment has been for my husband's career. He got a coin from the Secretary of the Navy, he's testing for his Air warfare pin, he's testing for E-4, he's on his longest deployment so far out of the other 3 trips. And for myself, I am doing very well in school, I'm taking good care of my body and getting healthier, I'm able to spend quality time with my best friend when she's in town or when I visit her. (She lives in a neighboring state.)
I also talked to my dad the other day who served in the Army. He told me that he wouldn't take back his deployment or his trips. If he had to do it over again, he'd do it the same way. He got out when my mom got pregnant so he could be home with her, but for the first 6 years he was away from her for pieces at a time and he said that he had experiences and met friends that he would always look back fondly on. It made me realize that one day my husband will be home with me, and we'll be talking about his trip, his achievements and the places he saw and it will seem like so long ago and such a short amount of time. He only has a year and a half left of sea duty, and after that we get 5 years of being together, starting our family, and having our own adventures at home. Waiting this small amount of time is so worth all of that!
Overall I feel that we have turned this deployment into a productive time. The best way I can describe the way I did what I did, was to trust the Lord and give him my fears so they aren't on my shoulders. I also pushed myself to workout and stick with it, to listen to music and dance and be happy in myself, to cook for myself and treat myself well. To let my friend in and talk to her and let her get me out of the house to see a movie or go to the mall. That is how I survived, and will continue to survive until my husband is back in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment